Monday, January 20, 2014

Alaskan - Despair, Erosion, Loss

Artist: Alaskan
Release: Despair, Erosion, Loss
Year: 2014
I have not finished listening to this record but again, I wanted to go ahead and share it because what I am hearing so far is pretty good. The first track opens up with some strings that I thought may have been sampled from a soundtrack at first but they were arranged for this record, which returned pretty powerfully towards the end of the track. It's in a sludgey hardcore vein, but I'm not sure who exactly to compare it to. The melodic direction is not far from Cult of Luna but it's not that intentionally grandiose or melancholy and the songs do pick up in their pace a bit more. The way the strings and post-rock guitar parts come together are something to behold.
Bandcamp/Download

No comments:

Post a Comment